COVID-19- CGI’S preparedness
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the COVID-19 situation a global pandemic. CGI’s Global Security team* is closely monitoring the situation and we have proactively put in place guidance that all members, contractors, and third-party suppliers who come on CGI’s premises should follow at any time.
To facilitate a coordinated, consistent and proactive response to the threat, CGI has taken a global approach to communications, incident tracking, reporting and overall crisis management. Our Pandemic Preparedness Plan, a key element of our Global Business Continuity Program, has been activated and uses risk-based protocols to mitigate the impacts on our employee population, address absenteeism, assess threats to service delivery, and manage internal and external communications.
The health and safety of our members and the business continuity for our clients are our first priority. With this in mind, CGI has put in place the following travel restrictions (as of March 13, 2020):
- Travel is restricted for all countries.
- We ask individuals who have travelled internationally or have had physical contact with friends or family who have travelled internationally to monitor themselves for symptoms. If during monitoring any symptoms emerge, we direct these individuals to immediately self-quarantine for 14 days and communicate with their manager and healthcare provider.
- We recommend practicing social distancing and the cancellation of participation in large events and gatherings.
- Members, contractors, and third-party suppliers who develop any of the COVID-19 symptoms are asked to communicate with their responsible manager and healthcare provider and follow their recommendations (quarantine, containment measures, if applicable).
The situation at Nethris
The deployment of a workforce distribution strategy has started and we have identified key employees in our teams to ensure continuity of service. This redistribution of the workforce will make us less vulnerable to the impacts of a regional outbreak and will facilitate ongoing support, while reducing the risk of disruption to our service delivery.
As a client of Nethris, please note that:
- Our web platform remains accessible at all times and no service interruption is expected;
- If you use Self-service, your reports and employees’ pay slips will remain accessible on our web and mobile platforms.
We also recommend that you:
- Privilege online services at your disposal;
- Ensure that your access codes are valid;
- Foresee an authorized replacement who will be able to access the Nethris Internet Suite and enter information within the prescribed timeframe to ensure your employees’ payroll processing on time. Please ensure that their access codes are valid;
- Foresee an authorized replacement who will be able to communicate with our Customer Service, where necessary. Also ensure that this individual’s calling codes are valid.
We will continue to closely monitor this constantly evolving situation and make any necessary adjustments. Rest assured that any important information will be communicated to you as soon as possible. To simplify your work during the global COVID-19 pandemic, we centralize useful information for your business. Click here for more details.
*Nethris is a registered trademark of CGI Payroll Services Centre Inc.